Kaila is a Mercedes Benz Model Search finalist (2nd Runner-up and Audience favorite). She currently works as a Modeling Coach, a Social Etiquette Instructor and an Image Consultant. Students typically enroll in her modeling course prior to auditions. Examples of where her students have graced the stage include:
- ITM North American Model Search
- Miss Universe Canada
- Miss Chinese Vancouver
- Sunshine Nations 2013, Mr. Adirel Tam
- Miss World Canada 2014, 3rd Place, Taylor Jotie
Her social etiquette classes help students with social and workplace interactions. Clients seek her image consulting advice when they are ready to revamp their wardrobe.
I was pleased to collaborate with Kaila and share a few basic tips that will help the next time you’re posing for photos.
Instead of using a selfie smile when someone else is holding the camera think of fun times with family or friends. This will help create a natural smile. Also, don’t be afraid to slightly vary each pose below. Remember, you can always delete the unflattering images!
- Natural smiles come from within!
- Hand gently placed, fingers relaxed and slightly spread
- Weight is placed on her left leg, hips & shoulders slightly turned
- Legs crossed and she’s created a nice diagonal line
- Feet form a “V” and she’s created a nice hourglass shape
- Knees touching, right heel raised and she’s created a nice “S” shape
Several of these images were featured in the Community section of the Asian Pacific Post newspaper.
For course inquiries Kaila can be reached through her website at Kiramodelle.com I’ve also created a post. Click Catwalk Coaching for 12 tips.
To visit Kaila’s Hair & Make-up Artist’s website, click Tina Wu.